THE LUPUS FIGHTERS!
We are THE LUPUS FIGHTERS! BAM! POW! We say it loud and we say it proud!
We were formerly known as the Fog City Butterflies but that didn't say much about how we feel about lupus. Since lupus attacks our own bodies, why not defend ourselves from this onslaught of our own immune system assaulting our skin, blood, and other organs that keep us alive? We think The Lupus Fighters! tells it like it is ;)
Our team includes the San Francisco Lupus Support Group along with our families and friends! So join us and fight lupus by helping raise funds that go 100% to lupus research!!
Reasons Why this Walk is Most Important to Us
- We walk in honor of those who we have lost to lupus
- We walk in spirit of our lupus friends who are too sick to walk with us
- We walk to spread lupus awareness and educate others who've heard about it but don't really know what it is
- We walk because 100% of your donation will go towards lupus research including prevention, better treatments and a cure. Administrative costs are paid for by the Board of Directors.
- Many of us have participated in this particular walk since 2006--the year the Alliance for Lupus Research Walk with Us to Cure Lupus came to town. It was the first ever lupus walk in San Francisco! And when our support group first heard about it we were super excited to participate! We can't believe we will be celebrating our 8th season this year!!
Lupus is a devastating autoimmune disease that affects an estimated 1.5 million Americans, making the disease more common than leukemia, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis and cystic fibrosis. The exact cause of lupus is unknown and there is no known cure.
We chose to walk as a team with ALR because of its commitment to prevent, treat and cure lupus. Since 1999, the ALR has committed over $90-million to lupus research, making it the largest private funder of lupus research in the world.
We’d love for you to join our team, but if you can’t make it to the Walk on October 11, 2014, you can still be a part of the movement. To support our team’s fundraising efforts click on one of our names below to make a donation. 100% of your donation will go to support lupus research programs, because the ALR Board of Directors funds all fundraising and administrative costs.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.
|THE LUPUS FIGHTERS!||Raised|
|Denotes a Team Captain|